Manager of Tenant Services (London & Middlesex Community Housing)
Manager of Tenant Services
Director of Tenant Services
May 3, 2019
Who we are
: At London & Middlesex Community Housing we believe that housing is the foundation of a better tomorrow. LMCH provides 3,282 housing units across 32 properties for more than 5,000 people. Those who call LMCH home are a diverse cross-section of low income individuals including families, seniors, adults, and new Canadians.
: We provide and maintain homes in a safe and supportive environment to meet the needs of the people we serve in our communities.
: We envision healthy homes and communities in London & Middlesex. Leading by example, LMHC will help make a difference and positively impact lives using housing as the foundation.
Collaboration | Commitment
Accountable | Accessible
Respect | Responsive
Equity | Excellence
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
We are seeking a Manager of Tenant Services to provide effective and inspiring leadership and encourage a culture of CARE. This is a front-line management position that requires the successful candidate to balance a challenging portfolio working directly with tenants and agencies in our buildings and sites as well as supervising, supporting and coordinating both office-based and field staff to manage a diverse portfolio of adult, seniors and family homes and oversee the administration of Rent-Geared-to-Income programs and legal services.
- Identify team / departmental needs and requirements, manage related plans, activities, and service delivery for assigned communities.
- Carry out unit inspections and follow-up on the results, attend evictions, and investigate complaints.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage the operation of the assigned work team and provide overall supervision and direction to assigned staff to drive continuous improvement.
- Sign off of move-out records etc. to ensure compliance with benchmarks, policies, procedures, acts and laws.
- Recommend and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate team/departmental processes and workflows to encourage cohesiveness and ensure effective service delivery.
- Manage and oversee the business activities of the RGI program delivery, including liaison with external stakeholders as related to RGI administration.
- Coordinate and oversee appropriate resolution and facilitate tenant retention.
- Oversee the preparation and service of eviction notices in conjunction with your Legal Services Coordinators, in accordance with the RTA, and attend Landlord & Tenant Board hearings when required.
- Coordinate with tenants and tenant groups to resolve problems and deal with emergencies. Liaise with other agencies such as CAS, London Fire Services as well as London Police Services.
- Participate in interdepartmental management meetings and contribute to improvements in emergency preparedness and planning, and effective implementation of the emergency response plan.
- Put forward annual budget requests for general operations and capital expenditures.
- Participate in the rotational on-call requirement for the after-hours answering service.
- Participate in internal or external committee work.
- Provide support to the corporate office and/or other portfolios as required.
- Perform other related activities, as necessary or as assigned.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of residential property management experience managing a diverse portfolio, including experience managing staff
- A post-secondary education in a related field, or Property Management certification (e.g. CIH, IHM, etc.)
- Working knowledge of RTA is required; knowledge of HSA is considered an asset
- Experience managing staff in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Understanding of the diverse needs and abilities, socio-economic factors, and cultural diversity present in LMCH communities and workplace.
- Knowledge of risk management, safety and emergency preparedness and response.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize projects with competing objectives and effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Certification in WHMIS, First Aid and CPS is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for business purposes.
POLICE RECORDS CHECK and VULNERABLE POSITION SCREENING
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must submit a current Police Records Check from their local police service for approve by LMCH. A current LMCH employee who is the successful candidate for this position must also provide this document unless it is already on file and not more than two years old.
SALARY & BENEFITS
$65,299.88 - $82,690.48 with comprehensive health benefits and a defined benefit pension plan.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume and cover letter to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role and only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Here's your chance to bring your knowledge and expertise to our team and contribute to providing better homes and better neighbourhoods. When submitting your cover letter and resume, be sure to tell us about your skills and qualifications that are a match to those specified in the job posting.
A cover letter and resume must be received by 4:30 p.m., May 20, 2019.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Kevin Crowder, CHRL
Human Resources Manager
London & Middlesex Community Housing
1299 Oxford Street East, Unit 5C5
London, ON, N5Y 4W5
London & Middlesex Community Housing (LMCH) is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace that reflects the communities we serve.
We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Please advise if you require an accommodation during the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in the London & Middlesex Community Housing!