Notice of OMSSA's 2019 Annual General Meeting
OMSSA's 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Tuesday May 14, 2019
, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Thunder Bay.
The AGM is a valuable opportunity for members to vote on Association matters, as well as vote for their preferred candidates for OMSSA's Board of Directors.
Valhalla Inn (Ballroom)
1 Valhalla Inn Road
Thunder Bay, ON
Board of Directors Nominations and Elections
OMSSA's 2019 Nominations Committee has confirmed a slate of seven (7) nominees
for four (4) vacancies
on the Board of Directors for the 2019-2021 term. As such, there will be an election at this year’s AGM and members will have an opportunity to vote by proxy or in person.
The following individuals are seeking election to the OMSSA Board of Directors for a two-year term:
- Luisa Artuso, Director, Children's Early Years, County of Wellington
- Kevin Dickins, Manager, Employment and Income Supports, City of London
- Jonathan Dixon, Supervisor, Budgets and Finance Social Services, Region of Durham
- Karen Gray, Director, Service System Planning and Policy Development, Children’s Services, City of Toronto
- Sue Ritchie Raymond, Manager, Housing Supply, Region of Peel
- Alex Sarchuk, Commissioner, Region of Halton
- Henry Wall, CAO, Kenora District Services Board
OMSSA’s 2019 Nominations Committee is pleased that each of these nominees have made important and valued commitments to the governance and sustainability of our Association.
For more details on the above candidates, please view the OMSSA Board Nominee Profiles
OMSSA Voting Delegates were provided notice of the Annual General Meeting by email on Monday, April 8, 2019, and are requested to submit their proxy form (if required) by May 3, 2019
Returning Board Members
The following Board members will continue as Directors for the second year of their two-year term:
- Elaine Baxter-Trahair, CAO, Region of Durham *(Automatically assumes the Past-President position)
- Cathy Cousins, Director, Homelessness and Community Engagement, Region of Niagara
- Laura LePine, Director, Social Services, County of Renfrew
- Dan McCormick, CAO, District of Rainy River (DSSAB)
- Grace Mater, Director, Children’s Services and Neighbourhood Development Division, City of Hamilton
- Shelley VanBuskirk, Director, Housing Services, City of Ottawa