Social Worker, Integrated Support (Regional Municipality of York)
Social Worker – Integrated Support #23460
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Social Services Branch
LOCATION: 9060 Jane Street, Vaughan
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 3 months
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: 35
SCHEDULED SHIFTS: 0830 – 1630
This is a Replacement Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Hostel Programs, is responsible for participating in the assessment and resolution of a diversity of complex issues facing clients in programs delivered by the Social Services Branch; developing and maintaining positive and cooperative partnerships in the Branch and between local community service providers and clients; and assisting individuals and their families to identify alternative service options and to obtain the most appropriate services to enable them to maintain their housing, employment and/or child care services.
- Facilitates/mediates the resolution of difficult, complex problems the client is facing which are resulting in barriers to service access, and/or self-sufficiency by working with individuals and families; assesses and determines causes, outlining implications regarding their future status and developing options/recommendations to de-escalate crisis situations and resolve issues.
- Provides counselling and case management to assist individuals and their families to function in the community.
- Provides crisis intervention in urgent client situations; assesses and recommends solutions, referrals etc., as required.
- Maintains records and statistical data; prepares reports, as directed.
- Liaises with clients, health care professionals, agencies, etc., to provide counselling and to address client concerns.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned, in accordance with Branch and Department objectives.
- May occasionally be required to respond to emergency situations outside of normal business hours, as related to the Departmental Emergency Plan.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Social Work from an accredited university.
- Must hold a Social Worker Certificate of Registration with the College of Certified Social Workers and Social Services Workers.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in an individual 1:1 intensive counselling position, working in the field of adult mental health, addictions and/or social services.
- Complemented by demonstrated skills in identifying and resolving a diversity of social issues related to community services.
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
- Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
Please apply online by clicking here by March 28, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.