Supervisor - Infrastructure and Asset Management (Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board)
Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board seeks a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Supervisor - Infrastructure and Asset Management.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the position is responsible for the asset management program as it relates to all DSB properties, including housing units and Paramedic stations, as well as the procurement, tendering and maintenance for these properties. The successful candidate will provide direction to the maintenance staff by ensuring efficient and cost-effective management of buildings systems, and grounds; developing and implementing programs to protect and extend the life of assets; negotiating procurement contracts with outside service providers as it pertains to the DSB owned/operated buildings and properties. The Supervisor Infrastructure and Asset Management will also provide technical guidance and support to the maintenance staff within the region as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Civil/Structural Engineering Technology, Public Administration, Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized accredited Canadian College or University or a related discipline or a combination of equivalent experience and education.
- Preferred professional designation in A.I.H.M. or C.P.M
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the field of building management/asset management including procurement, tendering and maintenance
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, teamwork, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability
- Sound knowledge of residential and commercial building maintenance program development and building management, including building elements and systems in a variety of residential buildings.
- Knowledge of the tendering process as well as the ability to negotiate high dollar value contract terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of the budget process, including cost estimating and prioritizing of projects.
- Proven negotiation, management, and contract management skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment with proficiency in word processing to prepare correspondence and reports.
- Ability to develop an asset management program as well as manage existing infrastructure.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours on call as required.
- The incumbent will possess a valid driver’s license with an insured vehicle for employment-related use.
- A clear criminal record check is also required for this position.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
$71,643 to $83,812 per annum. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To be determined
Interested individuals are invited to submit a covering letter and a résumé outlining their skills, qualifications and experience and how they relate to this position no later than April 12, 2019, at 4:00 pm.
Please forward your application quoting competition #2019-03-AD
to the attention of:
Human Resources Department Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board
210 Mead Blvd Espanola, Ontario P5E 1R9
Fax (705) 862-7866
Information gathered relative to this position is done in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection.
While all responses are appreciated, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.