Senior Financial Analyst 2 (Region of Durham)
The Region of Durham
, dedicated to maintaining outstanding standards of service, relies on the expertise and commitment of our employees. You’d be surprised at the diverse career choices we have to offer! If you seek a career with growth and challenge, where quality and accountability work in tandem with integrity and a responsiveness to change, we welcome you to learn more about us.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST 2 – JOB ID#11145
Reporting to the Supervisor of Financial Housing Services, the incumbent will provide financial services for the program area of Social Housing.
The incumbent will:
- Lead in-depth, off-site operational reviews of external social housing providers including the review, analysis and report of operational review findings including recommendations for improvements to existing financial processes or policies
- Provide strategic financial and business practice expertise, consultation and advisory services
- Audit, evaluate and develop financial systems, controls and policies
- Prepare special reports to assist in decision making and resolution of financial and operational issues
- Monitor, coordinate and administer the annual subsidy request process and analyze additional requests and cost factors
- Provide guidance and recommendations to social housing providers for various on-going issues
- Provide direct financial services to the Durham Regional Local Housing Corporation
- Cultivate contacts with various social housing providers in the Region to support effective decision-making
The successful applicant will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CMA; CPA, CGA)
- Several years' experience in financial/statistical analysis, accounting and report writing
- Sound knowledge of financial statement review
- Extensive knowledge of financial housing programs, funding formulas and services
- High proficiency in the use of various computer software and accounting applications
- Strong interpersonal communication, influential and negotiation skills, with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong statistical and statistical analysis skills
- Superior written communication skills
- Excellent organization, project and time management skills with ability to work efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Effective research and investigative skills with the ability to present organized, relevant findings to a specified audience
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- A valid 'G' Class driver's licence and the use of a reliable vehicle
Start: $46.33 - Six Month: $48.91 - Job: $51.48
To learn more about this opportunity, please visit our website at www.durham.ca and apply online directly to Job ID#11145 no later than March 24, 2019.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.