Maintenance Coordinator (Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board)
Competition # 2019-01-AD
The Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board seeks a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Maintenance Coordinator. Reporting to the Supervisor of Infrastructure and Asset Management, the position is responsible for the delivery of the operational maintenance program as well as preventative and life safety maintenance and planned capital upgrading of all DSB owned/leased properties. The Maintenance Coordinator oversees a team of custodial employees for daily maintenance activities while maintaining data entry in work order, excel and asset management software programs. The position ensures efficient and cost-effective day-to-day maintenance of buildings, building systems, and grounds; develops and implements preventative maintenance and safety programs; administers on- going contract activities and contractors to maintain, or improve the physical conditions of all DSB owned/leased properties.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary Certificate (3 yr.) in Building Maintenance, Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology or a related discipline from an accredited Canadian College. Certified Engineering Technology (3 yr.) is preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ supervisory experience in the field of building maintenance and/or construction including working with various building trades. Experience working in union and non-union environments.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Sound knowledge of residential building construction and maintenance administration, including building elements and systems in a variety of residential buildings.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment with proficiency in word processing to prepare correspondence and reports. Proficiency in Excel with proven ability to create forms and spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail, knowledge of Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Key Productivity Indicators (KPI’s) and performance management are required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of related legislation including: Ontario Building and Fire Codes, local by-laws, health and safety legislation and the Construction Lien Act.
- Thorough knowledge of the tendering process.
- Knowledge of the budget process, including cost estimating and prioritizing of maintenance projects.
- Proven negotiation, project management and contract management skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze a wide range of maintenance problems and determine cost-effective solutions, read drawings and specifications, estimate costs and schedule work in an efficient manner.
- Position requires person to be on call and to work outside regular business hours (this is currently under review).It may also be required to respond to emergencies.
- Position requires a commitment to increase social housing knowledge through conferences and training which will require travel.
- The incumbent will possess a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license with insured vehicle for employment related use in order to perform regular extensive travel throughout the Districts of Manitoulin & Sudbury.
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset.
Salary Range: $63,402 to $74,170 per annum. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Commencement Date: To be determined
Interested individuals are invited to submit a covering letter and a résumé outlining their skills, qualifications and experience and how they relate to this position no later than March 22, 2019 at 4:00 pm. Please forward your application quoting competition #2019-01-AD to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board
210 Mead Blvd, Espanola, Ontario P5E 1R9
Fax (705) 862-7866
Information gathered relative to this position is done in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection. While all responses are appreciated, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.