Program Manager, Housing Strategic Initiatives #23518 (Regional Municipality of York)
DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Housing Services Branch
Salary: $106,029 to $124,677 annually
|LOCATION: 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
STATUS: Regular Full-Time
|This is a Replacement Non-Union position
Reporting to the Manager, Housing Strategy & Program Delivery, is responsible for leading the Branch’s strategic plans and implementation of the Region’s 10-year Housing and Homelessness Plan; supporting Branch alignment with corporate and Departmental strategies and related reporting requirements; leading development of Council reports, Housing York Board Reports, Division publications, presentations, etc., as needed; providing analysis of housing data, legislative requirements and provincial housing policy initiatives; providing business process, housing program and policy support to the Branch and leading development, review and evaluation of Regional housing initiatives, programs and policies, including development of key performance indicators.
- Manages implementation, progress reporting and periodic renewal of the Region’s 10-year Housing and Homelessness Plan, in collaboration with Department and Regional staff and in consultation with external stakeholders.
- Supports implementation, progress reporting and periodic renewal of the Housing York Strategic Plan.
- Manages and coordinates special projects and provides consultative support and guidance to strategic Department, Branch, Division and corporate working groups and committees, as required, including researching, developing and implementing special projects and Branch initiatives.
- Leads or coordinates project steering committees, working and advisory groups as needed.
- Develops terms of reference and project charters, negotiating shared work plans and deliverables; monitoring project timelines and milestones and engaging project sponsors, as needed.
- Develops project work plans, monitors progress and provides regular project reporting to the Manager and other Division management team members, as needed.
- Manages development of new housing programs; researches legislative and policy requirements and best practices in other jurisdictions; engages internal partners and external stakeholders, as needed, and supports effective transition to Divisional operational teams.
- Manages and oversees the development and reporting of key housing performance indicators.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of briefing notes, background materials, presentations, Housing York Board reports and Council reports, as directed.
- Provides leadership and advice to staff with respect to preparation of Board and Council reports.
- Liaises with and maintains strong relationships and partnerships with Branch, Department, corporate partners and external stakeholders.
- Liaises with Department communications staff to coordinate publication of housing reports and program documents and posting of public information prescribed under the Housing Services Act, 2011 on the Region’s web-site, in accordance with Regional design and accessibility standards.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Public Administration, Social Services, Planning, Policy or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience in policy and planning and policy/project management advisory experience in a public sector environment.
- General knowledge of public policy, practices and issues, contemporary social research practices, provincial legislation and current issues affecting housing with an understanding of public sector management accountability frameworks.
- Demonstrated understanding of housing programs and policy, provincial policy and legislation, housing market drivers, the Regional strategic context for housing and the links to Regional and local official plans.
- Leadership competencies including operating strategically, leveraging diversity and differences, customer focused, ensuring accountability, managing complex problems, financial management, employing interactive and effective communication, fostering collaborative relationships, cultivating engagement to drive vision and purpose, managing and developing talent, establishing and maintaining trust, displaying self-awareness, and demonstrating resiliency.
Please apply online by clicking here
by February 20, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
York Region is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At the Region, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.