Building Superintendent (County of Simcoe)
Close Date: February 15, 2019
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Responsible for daily cleaning and general maintenance, including grounds work for Social Housing apartment buildings and family unit homes. Complete minor carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs in units and houses. Responsible for monthly life safety checks in apartment buildings and annual inspections of units. Prepare units when vacant by cleaning all appliances, windows, stripping and sealing flooring and assisting tradespersons.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in janitorial and maintenance duties.
- Good knowledge of janitorial methods.
- Solid understanding of Fire & Safety regulations.
- Well rounded “handyman” skills including carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical abilities.
- Building automation systems knowledge considered an asset.
- Sound oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with physically demanding duties.
- Ability to deal with tenants in a tactful and respectful manner.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to de-escalate conflict.
- Valid G Class Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes.
- Available for after-hours emergency response to building(s)
- Good working knowledge of WHMIS.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance & operation of power equipment. (power tools, lawn mowers and trimmers, lawn tractor, snow blower)
- Working knowledge of elevator operation depending on building.
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
$23.46 per hour (as per Collective Agreement)
Union: OPSEU 328
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our Careers page at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.