Supervisor, Maintenance & Facilities (County of Simcoe)
Close Date: February 15, 2019
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
The Supervisor, Maintenance and Facilities, working with the Manager, Maintenance and Facilities, is responsible for ensuring that the maintenance program (daily, preventative, corrective, upgrading) of the Simcoe County Housing Corporation is effectively and efficiently carried out in accordance with the policies of the County, Simcoe County Housing Corporation and applicable legislation and standards. Issues related to the buildings, building systems, landscaping, safety & security, equipment, and summer student personnel are supervised by this position.
- Strong knowledge of all facets of building construction and maintenance obtained through the completion of a diploma or certificate in Civil Engineering Technician/Technology, Building Science or related field and/or a professional designation with preference to those with certified trade licenses, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in progressively responsible, related positions.
- Must have advanced knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Strong understanding of policies and related legislation or initiatives and their significance and potential impact.
- Very good leadership and supervisory skills and ability to interpret and apply employment policies and collective agreements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet application skills.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
$70,797.00 - $84,954.00 per annum
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our Careers page at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.