Human Services Planning and Program Support Analyst (Region of Halton)Department: Social and Community Services
Division/Location: Quality and Service Integration
Position: Human Services Planning and Program Support Analyst
Note: At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two (2) permanent full time positions available, working 35 hours per week.
The Human Services Planning and Program Support Analyst is responsible for providing program support and strategic advice to the Social and Community Services Department. This includes researching, developing and analyzing innovative and strategic plans and programs to respond to community needs; preparing environmental scans; developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that approaches and programs align with Regional goals and Provincial / Federal funding; preparing briefing notes, business cases, and Regional Council reports.
Successful completion of a university degree in Business or Public Administration, Planning or Social Sciences, or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of three to five years related experience, ideally in a municipal or provincial public sector context. Superior ability in the areas of business and program analysis, program design, policy, human services planning, data management, analytics, and research.
The candidate is expected to have:
• Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the communities served, and client / population social issues.
• Broad knowledge of legislation, policy environments and systems issues within the human services sector in order to formulate options, impacts and risks to stakeholders.
• Superior analytical, evaluation and planning skills to conduct program and policy analysis to address complex business issues.
• Demonstrated analytical skills to identify, analyse and synthesize information and data, interpret legislation and policy, and develop recommendations on a wide range of community services and social planning activities.
• Knowledge and experience applying project management and change management methodologies.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills to communicate specialized information to a wide range of audiences, lead and direct work groups and interdisciplinary teams.
• Innovative thinking skills with the agility to adapt to changing environments, working both independently and in a team environment.
• Political acuity in working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Expert Microsoft Office skills.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening by the first day of employment. Travel will be required, incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
You make a positive difference in people’s lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
• Provide expert guidance and leadership in conducting business and program analysis, research, and overall coordination for key projects and strategic initiatives in consultation with various divisional programs – Housing, Homelessness Prevention, Ontario Works, Employment Halton, Children’s Services, Older Adults and external community stakeholders.
• Prepare and/or deliver presentations, author briefing notes or information reports for a wide variety of audiences including drafting communications for divisional staff.
• Develop an informed response to federal/provincial policy initiatives.
• Provide regular reporting on outcomes and trend analysis to inform evidence-based human services policy and program development and management.
• Provide support to a range of action tables and initiatives to address priority systems issues and strengthen safety and well-being in the community.
• Conduct environmental and jurisdictional scans to inform service system management and program design options.
• Support service design and program delivery as part of the department’s multi-tier service model, digital-first strategy and approach to information management.
• Lead and support program planning and evaluation to deliver effective and efficient integrated human services.
• Conceptualize, investigate and propose options to (re)design or improve service and program delivery.
• Support data management and analysis to inform human service planning including data compilation from internal and external sources, managing data quality, and using data visualization to convey results and identify priority issues.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to support alignment with corporate strategies and programming within various areas.
• Actively participate and support the Emergency Social Services Team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Posted: January 31, 2019
Posting Expires: February 14, 2019
Posting #: SS-38-19
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org