Team Support Clerk (Halton Region)
||Social & Community Services
||Employment & Social Services
||Team Support Clerk
||$24.11-$27.45 (CUPE 3732)
||CUPE Local 3732 applicants will receive first consideration for this position.
At the Region of Halton, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Halton is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
This is a permanent full-time position working 35 hours per week.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Social Services, this position provides front-line reception services to Halton residents and administrative support to the Social Services team.
The successful candidate will possess a secondary school diploma with training in Office Administration, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related field. Superior multi-tasking abilities, time management, organization, planning and self- management abilities are required. An understanding of Ontario Works legislation is preferred as is excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven customer service skills and the ability to problem solve with harder to serve participants would be an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications and knowledge of Social Assistance Management System (SAMS) and SALIS is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You make a positive difference in people's lives because you provide high quality customer centered services. You operate within a highly ethical environment and you will be accountable for going the extra mile, listening to your customers, creatively meeting needs and always being respectful to those you serve. As a result, you will be part of a qualified and strategic team recognized widely for caring, excellence, integrity, inclusiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on condition that the Regional Municipality of Halton receives a current (obtained within the past six (6) months), original and acceptable Criminal Record Check by the first day of employment. Travel will be required; incumbent must provide their own transportation. The incumbent will be required to provide a copy of their driver’s license by their first day of employment.
- Provides direct, frontline customer service by responding to customer questions, concerns and complaints.
- Makes referrals to internal and external resources.
- Answers telephone inquiries and relays telephone calls while assisting walk-in clients.
- Provides reception/waiting room customer service support to Ontario Works sites.
- Responsible for the general tidiness of the reception area, waiting room/lobby.
- Offers backup support to the Integrated Program Assistant.
- Co-ordinates daily courier pickup/drop off and distributes mail to Ontario Works site staff.
- Prepares food vouchers, duplicate drug cards, recreation forms, bus tickets and optical forms for participant pick up and records data in Excel spreadsheet.
- Updates SAMS as required.
- Prepares routine correspondence for delivery to Integrated Case Managers and records all correspondence received in Excel spreadsheet.
- Monitors the adequate supply of forms and publications and places new orders as required.
- Compiles data, statistics and other information.
- Provides general administrative support to Employment and Social Services site and staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
||January 8, 2019
||January 14, 2019
|NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
||Halton Job Postings