Resource Consultant (Niagara Region)
Niagara Region has a Temporary, Full-time Resource Consultant
position available (10 months)
Responsible to maintain a caseload of children who have been referred for Resource Consultant consultative support. Observe, screen, assess and develop a coordinated service plan for each child on the caseload. Monitor the child’s development and recommend/facilitate referrals for additional services if applicable. Work in collaboration with educators, parent(s)/guardian(s) and community partners, to provide an inclusive early year’s environment that reflects each child’s unique abilities, and supports the child to participate to their full potential. Facilitate the Transition to School process for children entering the elementary school system.
Education & Knowledge
- Completion of a 2-year community college program with a diploma in Early Childhood Education.
- Post diploma Early Childhood Education Resource Teacher Certificate
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in Early Childhood Education or in an inclusive child care/early years program, or other similar environment.
- Must have experience in working with children with special needs.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page.
- Strong, interpersonal, effective communication, organizational , analytical problem solving, time management and administrative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member with other professionals and the community.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in computer applications.
- Human relations skills to establish and maintain positive relationships with clients and employees.
Job Opening# 21708
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than January 27, 2019
before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca