Manager, Homeless Prevention (City of London)
City of London, Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home
Manager, Homeless Prevention
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home, this position leads the implementation of homeless prevention services for the community. Working collaboratively with homeless prevention, housing and social service stakeholders, the Manager will ensure the development and effective implementation of plans, programs and related support services for vulnerable individuals and families experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. This position provides operational leadership and oversees both provincially-mandated and municipally-directed programs.
Qualifications / Experience
- University Degree in Social Science, Public Administration or Social Work or measurable competency equivalence in related fields of study and levels of advancement.
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing/supervising employees to include responsibility for performance, coaching and development.
- Seven (7) years of progressive leadership, resource management and demonstrated experience in a related senior management role in a public sector and/ or community setting.
Experience / Specialized Training and Licenses
- Advanced understanding of those experiencing homeless and/or seeking housing supports.
- Experience leading programs for and working with vulnerable individuals and families.
- Experience in strategic management, human resource management, stakeholder engagement and program and critical issues management.
- Proven leadership abilities, demonstrating capacity to support and service in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated political acumen to manage or address highly sensitive decisions that are subject of Council, community and media attention.
- Excellent communication, analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to work varied hours to meet the requirements of the position.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid Class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle with an ability to travel within the city and throughout Ontario as required.
$90,732 to $128,613
How to Apply
For a complete job description and to apply online, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2LUFNJy
Please note following the interview stage, a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, January 25, 2019
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.