Project Technologist (Asset Management/Construction) (County of Bruce)
The Corporation of the County of Bruce
Requires a Project Technologist (Asset Management/Construction)
For Human Services, Housing Facilities - Kincardine
“Bold and beautiful Bruce County… a healthy, caring community of prosperity and innovation.”
Join our team powered by innovation and shared values where explorers turn obstacles into opportunities and individual challenges into shared solutions. You will discover a lifestyle that provides endless opportunity for exploration at work and after. Your adventure with Bruce County starts here.
Reporting to the Housing Facilities Manager, the Project Technologist, Asset Management/Construction is responsible for providing assistance in identifying, implementing and managing required capital improvements, managing the capital budget and the maintenance of energy management systems for 35 county owned Housing properties. The Technologist conducts annual assessments on current building component conditions, updating capital asset software platforms, continually updating 5 and 10 year forecasts in required capital expenditures and prioritize projects based on risk and budget considerations. The Technologist will also undertake (as directed) the requirements for capital tendering, scope development, implementation, recommendations, change orders, progress payments, conduct site reviews, prepare deficiency reports, etc.
- Three year post-secondary diploma in Engineering Technology, Architectural Technology, Facilities Management or a related field
- Five years of experience working as a construction professional with exposure to all aspects of building construction, systems and maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge of all building sciences, including electrical, plumbing and heating, air conditioning, carpentry, masonry, building envelope, roofing, civil works, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes and legislation, e.g. the Ontario Building Code, Fire Code of Ontario, Residential Tenancy Act, the Ontario Clean Water Act, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of forecasting, estimating and budgeting
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, asset management software an asset
Interested applicants can access the entire job posting through our Career Connector link at www.brucecounty.on.ca
, and then apply online, following the outlined process. Please note that although a resume is required, this does not eliminate the need to complete the Applicant Profile. Deadline for applications is midnight on Monday, January 14, 2019.
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.